An interesting Read.. Black or dark coloured hats are a no no in the sea. (wear bright colours Yellow/Green/Pink/White/Think Bright. Black Hats are for the pool, or for under the bright hat!
Be Safe. Be Seen.
Originally posted on Myrtleville Swimmers:
There was a bit of a discussion about swim hat colours at the beach lately, as the number of swimmers back in the sea grows quite quickly. Not a fashion discussion – a safety one. As the Summer season begins, it’s good to think about safety again.
A quick scan of safety rules for open water swims online came up with these:
- Brightly coloured swim caps to aid visibility while in the water must be worn.
- Standard kit would include wetsuit, goggles, high visibility swim hat, flip flops, towel, changing mat, and water proof watch.
- High visibility swim caps are worn by swimmers to make ocean swimming safer.
- A high visibility swim cap shows where you are – especially valuable if there are boats passing by.
- All swimmers must wear a high visibility swim cap.
I stopped after five events – I reckoned it was clear enough. I couldn’t find any that said “
View original 98 more words