If we can make this a success we are going to try a monthly winter league. So email me your name before you start.
And you don’t have to be in Ireland. Sandycove is worldwide. Join in..
Just a reminder of the rules:
- Swim as far as you can in a hour…EXACTLY.
- 1 hour (if you are halfway through a length when the time is up, count to last complete length)
- Only 3 attempts in the month (even if you are doing this every day)
- If changing strokes you can only change to a slower stroke: front crawl to anything else, ‘fly to breaststroke or backstroke, backstroke to breastbreast, breaststroke to drowning.
- THE CLOCK DOES NOT STOP (drinking, toilet breaks etc)
- One swimmer only. NO DRAFTING.