To celebrate our start of season (did it ever end??), we would like to invite you to a dinner party on the 24th March 2012…
The dinner will be €30 per head and the venue Isaacs on McCurtain St in Cork and you can sign up on Active Global at this link (Please note, beverages are not included in the price) :
If you haven’t renewed your club membership, you have an opportunity to do so by selecting the 2nd category.
If you are bringing your partner, select a second participant before you pay.
Please bear with the system on the qualification and waiver – we don’t expect the dinner to be a dangerous sport 🙂
And of course, it wouldn’t be the same without a swim so we are planning to swim in Sandycove @ 4 pm that day. Do come along, it will a fun day!
I have included the menu below:
Sample Dinner menu 30.00 per person
• Seafood chowder with garlic croutons
• Soup of the day
• Grilled Clonakilty black pudding with glazed apples, potato pancake & wholegrain mustard sauce
• Warm marinated chicken salad with sauté potatoes & crispy bacon
• Crispy fried Ardsallagh goats cheese, roast beetroot & red onions & basil pesto
• Pan fried king prawns with chilli, garlic butter and Provencale sauce served with basmati rice
• Pan fried fillets of sea bass with roast cherry tomatoes and chive sauce
• Char-grilled breast of chicken with pepperonata and parmesan herb crust
• Duck confit with chive champ and carmelised onions
• Isaacs fishcakes with tartare sauce & tossed green salad
• Chana Masala (Spiced chick pea curry) with basmati rice poppadoms and side dishes
• Grilled 8oz rib eye steak with sautéed potatoes & pepper sauce
• Bread & butter pudding with creme anglaise & cream
• Panna cotta with caramelised oranges
• Caramel ice cream with bananas and butterscotch sauce
• Sticky toffee pudding with cream
• Chocolate St. emilion with Cream
Also if anyone is looking for accommodation for the night, I can highly recommend Gabriel House (http://www.gabrielhousecork.com/) for superb hospitality!!
Hope to see you there,
Chairperson Sandycove Island Swimming Club