As you saw on the Sandycove list recently, we are going to try an inaugural Postal Swim in November and if it goes okay, start a winter league.
The basic idea is; you swim as far as you can in a pool in one hour, submit the distance, and we start a ranking. It’s not just about the fastest, it’ll give you a good baseline and target to work at during the off-months.
However there are some rules.
- Honour system. It only works if everyone is honest.
- One stroke mainly. If you change stroke you can only change to a slower stroke.
- No stopping clock, for toilet breaks, drink etc.
- Though you may swim an hour or more every day, you only give yourself 3 chances in the calendar month.
- No drafting behind faster swimmers.
- Let me know the stroke & pool length.
I currently have 12 names from Sandycove. Come on and sign up.